Trending Now: Wedding Decor Ideas
Updated: Jan 16, 2020
With so many sources for wedding decoration trends and ideas to keep track of, our couples are asking for all of the info to be in just one place.
Let Heart Wedding Decor keep track for you, all in one place here on the blog. I'll be reporting all of the new trends as they come in from various sources such as Pinterest, The Knot, Wedding Wire, Green Wedding Shoes, June Bug Weddings, Ruffled Blog and more! I will also give some ideas on how to bring these on-trend items into your northern Michigan wedding ceremony and reception.
5) A big trend happening right now is re-purposing ceremony decor for the reception. Think bringing lanterns, floral, arches, stands and more into the reception after the ceremony. Talk to your rental pro or venue coordinator. We here at Heart regularly employ this idea.
4) Bright, vibrant colors and patterns are HOT for your wedding. While the classics and pastels still have a place, vibrant colors are now trending. Autumn means shades of yellow, purples and even teals. Pantone's Living Coral, one of our favorites here at Heart, is also perfect for this vibe.
3) Mixed fabrics, materials and textures are now paired with wooden pieces to create an elegantly rustic feel. Ideas: wooden chairs with an upholstered sofa in a lounge area. Farm tables flanked by metal chairs or even velvet armchairs for head and/or guest tables.
2) Tree branches with fairy lights or white or red berries are HOT right now. Fall is here and as the saying goes 'Winter is Coming". They can be loosely laid out on the center of tables or placed in tall glass vases. This has been a popular request for Heart for the upcoming winter weddings.
1) And the most popular decor piece trending right now is a wooden wedding arch (square or triangular or a variation) with a swag of floral, greenery and pampas grass on the sides or corners. Light draping on the square is also a nice touch.