Shannon K. Wendt-Heath
Top 10 Wedding Decor Trends for Northern Michigan Weddings
Updated: Mar 16, 2021
Every year, Pinterest Business publishes a Top 100 trends based on the number of searches people are doing. According to Pinterest Business, these are the top ten related to wedding decor.
Are you getting married in Petoskey, Charlevoix, Gaylord, Harbor Springs, Traverse City or the Bay Harbor area?
Let's talk about trends.
10. According to Pinterest Business the color “lilac” is hot, hot, hot right now! And Heart Wedding Décor has some beautiful lilac satin linens that would cover those boring white plastic tables that many venues provide. How else does this translate to wedding décor? How about a lilac watercolor splash on your table number cards? We can do that!
9. And one of the most popular floral/greenery items to add to your décor is succulents. And we at Heart carries hundreds of different styles of faux succulents if you don’t want to mess with real and then have to either take all of them home after your wedding or find homes for them among your guests. With these cute little cacti, feel free to mix and match with various colors, styles and sizes!
8. One of the hottest trends around is having an “enchanted forest party” theme. What the heck does this mean? This means using lots of fairy lights, perhaps around your reception area, hanging from trees and other natural items. And speaking of which, having a lot of tree branches, like curly willow, is part of this theme. It takes place in the open air with a lot of garden items as décor too, with heavy emphasis on natural. Colors are soft and muted.
7. Ceramic, pottery and clay crafts used as décor items is on trend according to Pinterest. At Heart, we have collected an abundance of ceramic pieces, including cute pitchers which can be used solo or filled with flowers/greenery. We will work with your florist if you choose to rent these items for your wedding. Or how about ceramic/pottery cake plates? So pretty! And we will work with your baker should you choose to rent these items.
6. Chalk drawings are hot once again!. These can be signage that Heart carries and can be personalized. Or how about a chalkboard wall as your seating chart? Again, we can do that! We have done menus, bar signs and ceremony signs with chalk markers and chalk and would love to make some for you!
5. Gold, gold, gold! Accents and décor items in GOLD are hot again! (If it ever really went away. Many of our weddings this past year, here in northern Michigan, had gold as an accent color). We have votive and candle holders in just about every style you can imagine. Geometric, mercury glass, hobnail, etc. They can fit an art deco, elegant, vintage, rustic or even boho. Just visit the website and check out the catalog.
4. Flower garlands are a must have! And the biggest use we see? Atop a runner down the center of your head table and guest tables. We will work with your florist on this set up if you choose. Our table runners can be just about any color and style.
3. Neon wedding signs! Say what?!?!? Yes! Neon! Say it loud and proud with these brand new rental additions from Heart. They can be placed atop the head table or bar or a space can be created just for them (great photo op!) and they can be just about any saying: LOVE, BAR, U LIGHT UP MY LIFE (okay, maybe not that. Unless you like those old tumes) or whatever you can dream up.
2. And what is the second most pinned/searched wedding décor item?
Geometric pieces. Heart Wedding Décor carries more styles of these pieces than anyone in northern Michigan. They can be votive or candle holders, floral or greenery holders, hung from ceilings or other tall structures, or as part of a display. The sky is the limit here! Rent them in gold, rose gold, copper or silver. Again, we would love to work with your florist or baker to set these arrangements up.
1. And now for the most popular pinned item for wedding décor! Drum roll please… Renting a donut wall! Your desserts being pastries/donuts is hugely popular. See our Instagram (@heartweddingdecor) to check out our brand new, handcrafted-in-Michigan donut wall. And get this, we will do it all, even picking up the donuts and placing them on the wall. Just add that service to your rental and we will take care of everything. We can also personalize the wall with your wedding colors or it can be stained. And in the center is a place for a personalized sign as well! Add a clever “holy Matrimony” or something similar. The donut wall will absolutely be a hit with your guests of all ages! This one is not limited to children.
What are the hot trends in your market? Hit me up!
Shannon K. Wendt-Heath, Owner/Lead Designer
#NorthernMichiganWeddingRentals #DonutWall #DonutWallRental #DonutWallRentalMichigan #NoMiWeddings #InstaWed #NorthernMichiganWeddingDecorRentals #NorthernMichiganWeddingDesign #Tablescaping #Pastries #WeddingPastries #ShopLocal #LocalSourcedWeddings #DonutDecor #Donuts #Doughnuts #Dessert #Pastry #WeddingDecor #EventPlanning #OneStopShopWeddings #Decor #GoldWedding #Gold #GoldWeddingDress #GeometricRentals #GeometricDecor #ArtDeco #ArtDecoWedding #BohoWedding #FairyLightsWedding #Flowers #GreeneryTrendsWedding #Greenery #RentMyWedding #Rentals #Petoskey #TraverseCity #Charlevoix #FlowerArrangements #Modern #FairyWedding #EnchantedForestPartyTheme #FairyLightsRental #ClayCrafts #CeramicWeddingRentals #CeramicDecor #Pottery #WeddingIdeas #WeddingThemes #Vintage #Rustic #WeddingPlanning #DontSkipDessert #NeonWeddingSigns #NeonSignWedding #Neon #WeddingEvent #WeddingSigns #ModernWedding #TableNumbers #ChalkboardSigns #ChalkboardDrawings #ChalkboardWall #chalkboard #ChalkSign #WeddingWalls #Succulents #RentSucculentsForWedding #Cacti #Cactus #Lilac #PurpleWedding #LilacWedding #WeddingLinens #Plants #TreeBranches #OpenAir #NatureWedding #BackyardWedding #Garden #Natural #BohemianTheme #Color #WeddingColors
Do you find this information valuable? If so, please share! Thank you!