So many sources reference decor items that are on-trend for 2019 weddings that it gets hard to keep track of them all! Here's how to make it easier (you have enough things to plan)! Let Heart Wedding Decor keep track for you, all in one spot here on the blog. I'll be reporting all of the new trends as they come in from various sources such as Pinterest, The Knot, Wedding Wire, Green Wedding Shoes, June Bug Weddings and more! I will also give some ideas on how to bring these trendy items into your wedding ceremony and reception.
5) The fifth most popular trend in weddings for the month of May is terrazzo. What the heck is terrazzo? From Wikipedia: The origins of terrazzo go back to ancient Egypt, the material as we know it today was developed by builders in Venice, Italy, as a low-cost flooring option. It's a composite material made of chips of marble, quartz, granite, glass, or other stone, and is held together with a concrete or epoxy-resin binder. A weighted roller finishes the material, and the terrazzo is then ground and polished to produce a smooth surface.
But what does this mean for weddings? We are seeing terrazzo boards appear now under charcuterie and grazing stations, as platters beneath serving plates and even as the base for table numbers and escort cards. We here at Heart Wedding Decor can custom make terrazzo-look pieces for any of these applications!
4) The fourth most popular wedding trend for this past May was turquoise, both the color and the object. Adding pops of turquoise to your spring or summer wedding is easy! Add a turquoise napkin, turquoise table numbers or even turquoise glassware/votive holders/vases. Pieces of turquoise (or faux turquoise, as the real stuff is pretty cost prohibitive!) are great for the table number or escort card base. So pretty!
3) For the gazillionth month in a row, NAVY and BLUSH are the top two colors being requested for decor, whether linens, candle holders, floral or lounge furniture. This one is easy! We offer so many wedding decor rentals in navy and/or blush pink.
2) The second most popular wedding decor rental trend was balloon arches! These arches can be added to metal or wooden structures, hung from ceilings, or whatever you can attach balloons to. Contact us if you've got something in mind!
1) And the most popular wedding trend for the month of May was napkin rings! These small but impactful pieces can have your wedding's elegance taken to the next level! Napkin rings can run elegant, as stated, glamorous, art deco, rustic, rustic elegance, garden party and more! Contact us here at Heart Wedding Decor. We have many different styles in stock, and we can also custom make or order exactly what you want! We can also do herbs or floral!
Wrapping a napkin ring around your cloth napkins (or even paper, if large enough), adds such completion to your table settings or tablescape.