Shannon K. Wendt-Heath
Hottest Trends for a Spring Wedding in Northern Michigan
Updated: Mar 17, 2021
Are you getting married in the Charlevoix, Petoskey, Gaylord, Harbor Springs, Traverse City or Bay Harbor area this spring? We've got some fabulous tips!
So this year brings a couple new trends, such as deckle; however many things that are trending have been doing it for a few years. For example, the most popular colors are still navy and now classic blue and blush, along with burgundy according to a Knot/Wedding Wire survey. These are followed by dusty blue, dusty pink (mauve) and gold. Next are pastels (pinks, mint greens, purple shades). Rounding out the top for colors are neutrals such as greige or ivory.
In no particular order:
1) Up first on the list of the top trends for 2021 is deckle-edging. What is deckle? According to Martha Stewart Weddings, deckle is a rough-cut edge antique look on your paper goods, such as table numbers, place or escort cards. It is designed to create a romantic vintage feel. We here at Heart can recreate this look for your reception papery or even your seating chart.
2) Long stemmed wedding bouquets are on-trend! And don't forget to add a pretty fabric ribbon to finish it. Heart has also added floral design and management to what we offer, so if we can be of help in creating these long-stemmed bouquets, let us know! And if you'd like, we can also add a pretty silk, velvet (or other fabric) ribbon in a matching or accenting color.
3) Also new in wedding trends is a curated or styled photo booth set. Photo booths are still a big hit; it's just that now, many people are adding a curated set to the fun props of the past. We here at Heart have a division for our photo booth, and we love adding more ideas for props and backdrops! And NEW NEW NEW! We now have a vintage peacock chair that can be rented for your photo booth!
4) Personalization is still on-trend for 2021 and it seems to be gaining even more steam! With individualized weddings, we here at Heart can tell your story through decor rentals, curating only those rentals with meaning. We can create so many personalized decor items! We've created wooden wine boxes with the couples' family crest, ornaments, had our vintage buffets set up with photos and more!
5) Floral prints on linens and napkins is still on trend for this year. This creates such a whimsical and fun feeling for your guests! What a way to set the tone for a fun wedding reception. Bright colors and citrus shades of yellow and orange are trending!
6) We are also beginning to see new metallics on the scene such as pewters and brass. I love the modernity of pewter and the old school feel of brasses. Here at Heart we have amassed a collection of gold/brass vintage candlesticks.
7) Velvet linens (tablecloths and napkins) are hot, hot, hot! Velvet is not just gorgeous to look at but your guests will LOVE running their hands over it! The colors of the 70s are hot here: mustards, emerald green, burgundy and other moody colors are so popular!
8) And like it or not, rustic and barn weddings are still the most popular in northern Michigan. It's just that now, we have added elegant decor elements to combine with the rustic. Ceremony arches and arbors are being draped with flowy voile. Our locally handmade farm tables are now being topped with a chiffon or cotton gauze runner, greenery/floral and candles as opposed to mason jar details. And these tables are being paired with elegant or fun chairs, such as our garden chairs rather than benches or other more rustic seating.
9) Still a HUGELY popular rental is signs and table numbers made of acrylic. They can be placed on an acrylic or wood stand, or even in a small section of birch, as we've also done.
How many of these trends can we help you to create for your #DestinationWedding in northern Michigan?
#WeddingRentals #WeddingDecorationIdeas #WeddingDecorInspo #nomiweddings #PetoskeyWeddingDecorRentals #CharlvoixWeddingDecorRentals #GaylordWeddingDecorRentals #BayHarborWeddingDecorRentals #HarborSpringsWeddingDecorRentals #RusticWeddingIdeas #MidCenturyModernWeddingIdeas #RusticElegantWeddingIdeas #ElegantWeddingDecorIdeas #TellYourWeddingStory #WeddingDecorNearMe #WeddingLoungeRentals #CenterpieceRentalIdeas #RusticElegantWeddingDecorIdeas #WeddingArborRentals #WeddingArchRentals #TriangleArchRentals #CircleArchRentals #MoongateRentals #VelvetWeddingIdeas #AcrylicSignRental #HeartWeddingDecor #Blog #WeddingBlog #WeddingTrends #WeddingTrend #WeddingIdeas #TheKnot #WeddingWire
Enjoying what you have been reading? Please share on soc!
Last photo courtesy of @studiocityphoto